Monday 16 July 2012

It's been so long since my last post I hardly know what to write about. As usual, I've been having a mini crisis about what I want to do with my life. I'm finding it hard being away from university, because at least there I feel like I'm doing something. I can't stand the limbo that is student life, having all my possessions spread thinly between what feels like six different locations, and I find myself drawn to minimalistic spaces and those are the kinds of things I like to look at online. I like to dream about what my life will be like after I graduate in those silly gowns and hats, and while I know jobhunting is going to be difficult, and I may not know where I will be living, at least I know who I want to be living with, and what I don't want my life to be like. Taking a proactive approach to life is something I like to pretend I do to make myself feel better! When in reality all I can see are the things that are holding me back from that. The main factor in this equation right now is the fact that my parents' house, where I'm staying at the moment, is so far from civilisation I can't get a job doing anything remotely like what I want to be doing in the future, and I can't even volunteer for the experience either as there's nothing around here. I know people exaggerate by saying these things and use it as an excuse but people who know where I live will know what I mean! What is it about ranting into cyberspace that makes you feel more productive?!

No comments:

Post a Comment